Let’s talk about brewing the perfect cup of coffee. Here are my top six tips for preparing quality coffee…The water:
- Filter it!
- The temperature should be between 195 and 205 degrees.
- Start with a brew ratio of 17:1 water to coffee by weight. For instance, one liter of water calls for 59 grams of coffee
- Ensure the coffee is uniformly saturated with the water for the best extraction.
- Keep your coffee as fresh as possible by using airtight containers stored away from heat and light.
- Match your grind to the brew style. The longer the coffee will be in contact with water during the brewing process, the coarser the grind should be. Familiarize yourself with the feel of ground coffee - from powder to pebbles!